The Holt Brothers Flag Football Tournament would not be possible without the help of dedicated volunteers. There are many different ways you can get involved in the event and give back on game day.
Team Check-In // 6:45 AM to 8:45 AM (4 people)
- Ensure that the check-in process runs smoothly. You will be supervised by our staff.
- Use spreadsheet provided to check-in participants.
- Trouble-shoot any questions / challenges before alerting staff.
- Provide participants with information about the day’s events.
- Be familiar with event timeline and layout to answer any participant questions.
Volunteer Check-in Assistants + Floaters // 2 shifts — 7:00 AM to 12:30 PM (2 people) and 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM (2 people)
- Have all day-of-event volunteers sign in on the check in list.
- Provide volunteers with t-shirts.
- Be familiar with event timeline and event layout to answer any volunteer/participant questions.
- Direct participants and volunteers to various areas of the event.
- Check on volunteers periodically to ensure all is running smoothly.
Beverage Volunteers // 2 shifts — 8 AM to 11:30 AM (2 people) and 11:30 to 2 PM (2 people)
- These volunteers will be responsible for keeping the beverage stand stocked and tidy. They will roam around collecting empty and discarded beverage containers.
Photographer // 2 shifts — 7:30 AM to 12:30 PM (1 person) and 12:30 PM to 5:30 PM (1 person)
- This volunteer must own a digital camera which can take high resolution photos. Take posed team photos of those who are in the tournament. Take overall action shots during the games, participants, staff, volunteers and guests interacting, vendor and sponsor banners and location scenery shots.
Scorekeepers // 2 shifts — 8 AM to 11:30 AM (16 people) and 11:30 to 5 PM (16 people)
- Working with the field referees, the scorekeepers will record team names, scores, time outs, etc. on a score sheet and display the score on the scoreboard.
- Scorekeepers will be responsible for getting the captains to “sign off” on the score sheet before leaving their field.
Score Sheet Runners // 2 shifts — 8 AM to 11:30 AM (4 people) and 11:30 to 5 PM (4 people)
- Working with the scorekeepers, the runners will obtain score sheets and run them to the scorer’s tent.
- Will help process and communicate the results throughout the day while helping keep the process organized.
Lunch Distributors // 11 AM to 12:30 PM (6 people)
- Deliver lunch to the referees, coaches and volunteers.
- Ensure the areas are cleaned up after lunch.
Strongest Arm Competition Volunteers // 11 AM to 12:30 PM (6 people)
- Assist Leadership Raleigh 32 with execution of competition.
- Assist with the measuring of each throw, as well as retrieving and returning footballs to starting point.
Tailgate Coordinators // 2 shifts — 8 AM to 11:30 AM (12 people) and 11:30 to 5 PM (12 people)
- Direct teams and sponsors to their reserved tailgate areas.
- Assist with the tailgate competition judging and run scores to the volunteer tent.
- Monitor entrance points into the Indoor Practice Facility to ensure people do not bring in any food or beverages.
- Check IDs and dispense beverages (must be over 21 years old)
Tear Down Volunteers // 5 PM to 6:30 PM (10 people)
- As the event draws to a close, ensure that all event materials are neatly packed up.
- Make sure area is clean and in the process of being cleared away.
While we are still working out the details for the shifts and assignments above, please complete the Volunteer Contact Form below by May 12 to get your name on the list. We will send assignments prior to the event. A volunteer check-in table will be at the main entrance of the Indoor Practice Facility in the morning and will then move to the tent where lunch and beverages will be served for the players. That is located at the corner of the Indoor Practice Facility Building closest to Westchase. See you there!